Wednesday, August 1, 2007

Tell Me Why

This morning with my hand covering my mouth, I let out a hugh sneeze. My sweet husband said "Bless you, do you feel better?" I said "Excuse me and yes, I do feel better." When we burp, we should say "Excuse me". When we toot, with a totally red face, we should say "Excuse me" and very quickly move to another room. When we sneeze, don't we feel better? When we burp, doesn't our tummy suddenly feel better? When we toot, do we not have less pain? Why, tell me why - do we have to be embarrased and excuse ourselves for something that makes us feel better and is not REALLY a sin? When we eat a big fat banana split - do we say "Excuse Me?" Not this little piggy!!! It makes me feel better! So why, tell me why, do we have to say Excuse Me for the three above mentioned? Don't worry - I plan on saying "EXCUSE ME" if any of these instances happen and you are around! The real problem is going up and down a flight of stairs, you almost run out of breath saying "Excuse Me" before you get to where you are going.

Excuse me for this goofy BLOG - just wondering! Tell Me Why! Love all you bloggers - my new "sisterhood of bloggers".

8 comments:

Nanna's Place said...

I love you.....You are so funny....I'm not sure why we say excuse me for a natural function, other than my mamma taught me to say excuse me?

La said...

I just want to know what brought this thought??? Excuse you, indeed!!! =)

team D said...

I think it was so funny why??
The only reason I find is when the odor can kill. then a warning should be give so others can take the nessecary protect to save their lifes!!!!!
LOL
Very funny!!!

beautiful chaos said...

These are the kind of blogs I would expect to see from my kindred spirit.
Thank you for exposing the injustice of Emily Post's etiquette. Sorry La - it's true.

ree said...

I love your train of thought!

marme said...

my mama told me girls don't toot...

they let a "windy"

hmmm...

and you run fast a few aisles over!

kj said...

Ha! so hilarious! gaw lee...

Meems said...

Your a riot. Now if you will excuse me...