Friday, November 9, 2007

Dream? Vision?

Today is 9 November 2007. This morning between 2:00 and 2:30 a.m. I had something happen that has never happened before. I believe it was while I was actually asleep that I saw Jesus. He was in a white garment, and his hand was on a curtain or drape. He had dark hair, but his face was hazy and I could not see it. The words I heard were “Come on in my child”. I, then awoke. I had such excitement rolling inside of me because during this encounter I could feel His love such as I had never ever known. I didn’t jump up and down or run up and down the hallway; but my insides were totally excited. As I lay thinking about this “happening” I went back in thought to the times when our sons were in college and we knew they would be coming home. I would go to Edward’s room upstairs and watch out the back window for car lights. We lived in the country and not many cars traveled this road late at night. When I would see a car coming, I would watch to see if it turned to come up towards the road to our house; if it did, I would then watch for a flash of lights to see if it was actually coming towards our house. If this happened, I would then go to the front window and watch to see if the car turned into our driveway. When I would finally see those car lights coming in our drive, I would run downstairs, going to the front door ready to give that boy a tight hug with such gladness, because “my boy” was home. Today those boys are men, but when we know they are coming home, I watch the front door and listen to the back door not knowing which entrance they will come. When I hear them, I’m out the door for hugs for everyone; such happiness at seeing my family - big and little. I meditated on this and thought how happy Jesus must be to see one of his children come home. I don’t know what this dream/vision means, but I will never forget it as long as I live. Oh what excitement at seeing Jesus!!!

7 comments:

ree said...

Wow! How amazing! It will be worth it all when we see Him face to face, won't it?

Meems said...

That's really awesome. Having an experience like that would make death of our earthly body so much less scary.

Nanna's Place said...

Thanks for sharing....I'm excited just thinking about seeing him face to face!!!!

marme said...

Now we see through a cloud, but soon the veil will be ripped away and and we shall see Him face to face...

kdp said...

how exciting when we see Him face. Our Saviour, our lover, our constant and abiding friend.

F. F said...

Oh how awesome!!!!!How I would love to have an experience like that. Surely he must be smiling on you.

Sarah P. Henry said...

that is extremely cool.