Saturday, September 29, 2007

Lamentations 3:24, 25 and 26

I trust this speaks to your heart as it did to mine today while studying.
Lamentations 3:
Vs 24 - The Lord is my portion, saith my soul; therefore will I hope in him.
Vs 25 - The Lord is good unto them that wait for him, to the soul that seeketh him.
Vs 26 - It is good that a man should BOTH HOPE and QUIETLY WAIT for the salvation of the Lord.
Now for the comments: "While trouble is prolonged, and deliverance is deferred, we must patiently wait for God and His gracious returns to us. While we wait for Him by faith, we must seek Him by prayer: our souls must seek Him, else we do not seek so as to find. Our seeking will help to keep up our waiting. And to those who thus wait and seek God will be gracious; He will show them His marvelous loving kindness."

Don't know about you, but His word truly feeds my soul and I'm so thankful He hears my hearts cry and answers my prayers.

3 comments:

rhondamarie said...

thanks, those are some of my favorite scriptures. i want the Lord to always be my portion.

Meems said...

Thank you for the scriptures. Thank you for holding Bubba at the luncheon. Really, Thank You.

JAC said...

I LOVE holding Bubba!!!